Sunday 16 February 2014

After the review

After my review on Friday I was told that the beginning of my experimental video with the train going passed was successful and that I should carry on with that but make it longer and cut the other video of me and Sammi out of it. To be honest I am totally fine with that I can use my experiments I've used on adobe premiere to slow parts of the train journey down and capture more of what happens when then train stops and use the fading techniques with my audio as well, just some tweaking and hopefully it will be a successful final piece. For me time lapse is something I do for fun that's why I wanted to add more to my video but perhaps the first and simple video is more effective then adding more and over complicating it. I was also told I need to do more research in to artists and photographers which I did with a project last year I just didn't want to add the same research in... but its will show where I got my ideas from as I did want to carry on from last year as I enjoyed it so much... Maybe its something I can develop in more depth when I reach my 3rd year, who knows!

Kindly someone was taking notes for me whilst I was getting my feed back -

My notes

  • Tacita Dean
  • John Smith (already in sketch book)
  • Eadweard Muybridge
  • Paul Fusco -JFK train
  • Rene Magritte - Painter who does frames within frames
  • Play more with transitions, more subtly would be good.
'The narrative structure in the first part of your test works well, its the strongest part' - Ellen Nolan 






No comments:

Post a Comment