Friday 21 February 2014

Tutorial with Ellen Nolan

Before going  in to today's tutorial I didn't really know how to start my printed publication side of this project. I knew I wanted to keep in the theme of journeys and perhaps carrying on using train journeys or maybe buses or travelling by car. I know I enjoy long exposure photography and wanted to add that to my narrative as well. During the tutorial Ellen helped me improve my thoughts in to solid ideas that I can now start getting on with. I had already started looking in to photographers who used train journeys within their work, I came across this artist who's work is on FlickrCéline Ramoni. Its quite weird I came across her work because I just got a new laptop and I changed my screen saver to a image that was already on my laptop and it happened to be the work of Céline Ramoni. I also came across another artist Michael Zhang who is the editor on the website PetaPixel.  (I'll write separate posts with their images on)

I am still keeping within my theme of journeys and using trains. My time lapse video on the train with just the phone on the table was proved to be effective, I left it there because I just thought it looked good within the frame but other people have expanded their opinions on it, which is what I always like about photography people can create their on interpretations of what you've created. I am planning on having the time lapse images on their own on each page of a hard or soft back book. I am going down the route of incorporating my phone and looking in to the miscommunication of modern technology when using our phones. I will play around with different types of text that is used on mobile phones. At the beginning of my book I when writing my introduction I will use ordinary text you find in books.

Whilst discussing this idea I mentioned that I had recently got in contact with a friend from school who I haven't spoke to in 8 years. Obviously I found him over Facebook. He was a lovely friend whilst I was at school and I remember he was really quite when I spoke to him face to face but on MSN he would always be chatting away and always had a lot more to say. I want to base this story within the publication narrative and now that I am back in contact with him I want to use our text conversations to go with the still images on the train journey. I'm not going to tell him that he's apart of my project that will ruin the fun. When writing my preface for the start of my book I want to write something about him and the relationship we have via our phones.

Hollie xD

No comments:

Post a Comment