Tuesday 4 February 2014

Journeys - Idea

I've still been struggling over the last month to get to a point where I know what I am doing with my research and sticking to a theme that I can progress on to. It's been a little worrying because normally by now I would of had an idea and just needed to of figured out how I was going to create the idea. Its been the other way round in this project but I think I've finally come to a solid idea that I am happy with. I've chosen to not go so personal in the emotional sense but thought about what things I like that I can use in a simple and effective way. For my professional futures project I am looking in to advertising photography and have seen some incredible images, so I thought lets bring advertising a product I already own in to my Narrative. Before I thought about the advertising idea I was thinking about recording myself walking and just capturing my feet doing a journey that I normally do. I then thought about advertising my converse as I wear them all the time and there are a very popular type of shoe. The idea just came to me out of no where with no solid influence apart from looking at different advertising images. After looking in to iMotion on my iPhone I thought I would record myself using stop motion getting on and off the bus to my town, the video was really blurry and I couldn't see a lot of detail of my shoes or the surroundings. I realized it might be the same if I used my DSLR so I decided to video record my feet moving instead and breaking the video footage down either by taking screen grabs or using Adobe Premiere Pro.  I haven't yet learnt myself how to use Premiere but I have been shown how to create the video footage in to more of a stop motion video. It looks really complicated but I'm sure I will learn. I also wanted to extend my video from me walking to two more people who own different coloured converse also walking. I want to create three different scenes matching to the coloured converse and perhaps the personality of the person who is wearing the converse. I wanted more of a sunny scene for my white converse on a path way, black converse for a skate park area and I haven't decided on my last coloured pair yet (need to find people who are willing to help me out). I want to push to 'advert' more from just displaying converse and having just one feature. I haven't given myself a lot of time as its taken me a while to decide what I want to do but... I do want to want to incorporate more time-lapse and stop motion video footage to my experimental advert. I want to keep in the theme of Journeys because I feel I can add a lot to my project with that theme. I'm going to take time-lapses of different types of journeys such as, car, train, tube, bus, crowds of people, sunsets, light trails and my friends. If I can combined the correct time-lapses together at the end of the video I want to either advertise my Nikon D5100 or iPhone 5s as they have created all the journeys and I will have to come up with an slogan to represent what it is I'm advertising.


No comments:

Post a Comment