Thursday 23 January 2014

After my tutorial

Well after my tutorial today I was left a little confused. I had come up with how I want to experiment with my work  using media but it seemed I didn't actually have a theme, so if I don't have a theme how am I supposed to start taking photos? Humm silly Hollie. I think I've also perhaps been over complicating the project and thinking to much in depth about the word narrative and what it means. Who knows. I decided to go and research stop motion  videos about the theme I was interested in exploring which is love, I know its simple but sometimes simple is more effective then over complicating it. I feel comfortable with the theme as I feel I can do a lot with the subject. I was thinking how can I show a original stop motion without using people? I thought about all the gifts my boyfriend has bought me or just random objects that remind me of him, I started thinking about a post it note he had left me and the movie tickets I had kept. I think when we were friends I wrote him a really in-depth card about how much he meant to me. Narratives are usually written out first then go on to preform or change it some how, so I've come up with an idea to create a journey using stop motion, of one or maybe a few of my beloved items. I was thinking maybe to buy a fake look-a-like engagement ring and create a story of the ring being left behind when the boy needs to propose with it that day and some of the items help the ring on a journey out of the house to put itself back in to the boys pocket. Just a quick story, I was also thinking of writing a love letter and it also goes on a journey to the post office because a girl leaves it in her room because shes to scared to post it. I need to start shooting these ideas and see how effective they are. So less thinking and more doing!!!

Getting rather excited now!!

Hollie xD

No comments:

Post a Comment