Thursday 16 January 2014

My first post!

My first blog post on my  narrative project  is about the start of my first idea.

The goal is to create two visual stories in two different formats, one in digital form either using a slideshow, single screen projection, ebook, pdf with 3 different tableau images. And also one in printed form using a bound publication, booklet, newspaper or newspaper.

After my lectures and writing down ideas in my work book I've decided I've wanted to go down the route of experimenting with stop-motion, time-lapse, video and still images not in a time-lapse or stop-motion form. I feel this will give me a wide range of experiencing with different techniques to visual understand and see how the outcomes will turn out and what will be best for me to display my work. I would like to experiment more with stop-motion and time-lapse as they are still one image capturing one moment of time that can then be converted in to a video format by using CS6 Abode Lightroom or Photoshop. Lightroom will help me make sure all my images are correctly edited all at once instead of individually.

For the printed outcome I would like to experiment with creating my own book either by hand or get help from my graphic designer contacts to help me organize my images so they tell the narrative how I want it to be viewed by the persons who view it. I was thinking about trying to incorporate panoramic images within this book as well to make it flow more, instead of having one or more images organised on the page.

For my idea I wanted to use  the concept from the film '<em>Sliding Doors</em>' where the woman is rushing to get on a tube in London and how she misses the tube by a few seconds because a child on the stairs was in her way, the next scene reverses backwards to her at the top of the stairs walking back down and the mother of the child this time pulls the child out of the way and the woman manages to catch the tube. This film shows two different stories of what happens if she caught then tube and what happens if she missed the tube.

I want to create a very similar narrative but one story in a film format and the other within the book.

I will need to watch the film and look at forums online and see what people have to say about the film and what they think about it and why.

This is a good start for me and fingers crossed it will be effective.

Hollie xD


No comments:

Post a Comment